Chiang Mai Flower Festival: Guest Blogger "Cowpoke Dave"

Howdy Folks: Cowpoke Dave here, filling in on this rootin' tootin' blog, or something.

Okay, so I'm not a cowboy. Actually I live in the big city, surviving on a delicate diet of Sushi and Classical music.

But I'm here to walk you through one of my favs in the entire big dosh garn world.

FLOWERS!


That's right, Tuff and rumble cowboys like myself might be known for our blazing saddles, mean chewing, and injun fighting, but at heart, every cowboy is in love with three things:

1) His horse

2) His Gun

3) Flower Festivals

And the flower festival of Chiang Mai, Thailand, is one of the best in the world.

I mean, come on, city slickers. Look at all them flowers. Each float was lovingly created by using real flower petals, delicately glued (yes, that's the second time I've used delicate, which is my second favorite word...after flowers).

Anyhoo, the Chiang Mai flower festival is really a site to behold. So let's see some more floats, shall we?

Giddy up!



The Chiang Mai Flower Festival takes place every February.

To my right, you can see a close-up on an actual float.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love a good gun. And I love a good horse. But to me, a flower float is kind of the best of both worlds--transportation, but with the potential to kill annoying Falang (tourists) who try to stop the floats to take photographs with these oriental beauties.

And they are certainly beautiful, ain't they?

Look at them umbrellas. Don't worry, folks. They're just ceremonial.

Chiang Mai hasn't seen a drop of God's tears since aught eight.

Personally, I'd hem the purple dress with a double cross-stitch and then...well, don't you worry about that. Let's get back to the flowers.


I swear, there were more floats at the festival than stars in God's sky.

But I took a liking to this one.

Not really sure why.

The color scheme, perhaps.

The delicately sculpted pectorals of this guitarist.

Or maybe because I just plum love flowers.





But the festival's about more than flowers.

It's about life, and love, and food.

Dang if I'd never seen beans woven like that.

Maybe when I get home, I'll make a dress out of tumble weed or such.

Guess I am a little homesick, folks.



But heck, even this tractor got in on the fun.


And if that don't put tears of sweet joy in your eyes, well I don't know what will.







They sure got some strange creatures over there yonder in Thailand.


Wonder if they make good eatin'


Which reminds me--ol Cowpoke Dave ain't had his lunch yet, and flowers make a man hungry.

Oh, and just in case ya'll ignoramuses think a man can't be a man and love flowers...


Take a look at this little dandy.

If Cowpoke Dave were a younger Cowpoke Dave

And not married.

Why, there'd be a flower in my hand and a tune in my heart.

Love and life, that's what the Chiang Mai flower festivals all about.


Alright, folks. Hope you enjoyed my guest blog. Until next time, remember: "A man's heart is his gun. The flower is the soul."