Yates

While traveling in eastern Taiwan--which is in the Far East, which makes it East East, I happened across a delightful little establishment. Though my immense language skills do not include Chinese, ol' Professor Shakespeare was able to navigate his way into a resounding take-out meal.

Returning to my abode, a room on the second floor overlook the resplendent, abundant tea farms of East East Taiwan, I noticed what could only be a sign that my travels had some greater, purpose, shall we say--a meaning beyond all that I had previously surmised.


And then I knew, as any father knows, and as the eternal Bard (perhaps, my dearies, the father of fathers) so eloquently said:

How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is
To have a thankless child

I must leave Taiwan. That much was sure. Another island awaited me, and a thankless son.